- New blog: Falling off the ladder
New blog: Falling off the ladder31-Jul-2012
Sometimes you need to go backwards in order to go forward.
What to do when you 'fall off the ladder.'
I'd always believed that achieving anything in life was like climbing a ladder to success. The formula I'd follow was:
1. Develop a clear picture of what lies at the top of the ladder - the end goal.
2. Identify the steps on the ladder.
3. Have the courage to take the first step.
4. Keep climbing till I reach the top.
Until one day, I 'fell off the ladder.' I realised there are times when this approach doesn't work. Which is why we need a new metaphor for achieving success. Read more...