A STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT COURSE
Leading strategic change.
For project managers, leaders, facilitators and consultants who need to manage at a strategic level.
- Project managers, leaders, in-house change consultants, strategists, coaches, facilitators, OD managers, HR managers, transformation managers.
- This strategic management course is also available as a customized workshop for anyone needeing to implement or plan to manage a strategic change or project..
- To provide anyone involved with strategic change, with the tools, thinking, and skills they will need to identify
the changes required to implement anything at a strategic level and get buy-in from their ‘clients.’ This includes:
- Diagnosing complex problems. Using systems thinking to diagnose a problem and identify the real issue that needs to be resolved.
- Implementing corporate strategy. Identifying the changes required to implement a corporate strategy.
- Projects. Using systems thinking to identify changes that will need to be made to ensure the project can be implemented successfully.
- Engagement Strategy. Developing an HR or engagement strategy to support a corporate strategy.
- Assessing change readiness.
- Assessing the impact of a change on the organisation as a system.
- Diagnosing what to change in a department, division or organization.
The course provides the basic requirements for managing strategic change:
- Systems thinking in a nutshell.
- Why systems thinking is used at a strategic level.
- When to use systems thinking.
- What types of delegates like systems thinking. What types of delegates don’t.
- Participation and buy-in. How participation leads to buy-in. Who to involve. Ways of involving your key stakeholders.
- How to do systems thinking. Using the Change Puzzle toolkit.
- When to use the change puzzle or systems thinking.
- Tips for facilitating a workshop using the Change Puzzle.
- How to adapt the way you facilitate to different groups and different objectives.
- How to go a step further. Using the change puzzle to change paradigms and generate buy-in.
- Groups practice using the change puzzle on specific case studies of their choice including:
- Solving a complex problem within their department, SBU or company (or group of companies).
- Planning change around a project.
- Planning to implement a new strategy, system or structure.
- Planning to take their department, SBU or company to a new level.
- Planning to implement a merger (of companies, departments or SBU’s)
- Planning to change a culture or transform an organisation.
- Planning an engagement strategy.
- Planning to align a support department (e.g. IT, HR or change management) to the strategy of its key clients.
- Planning to align a department or division’s strategy to a new strategy or values of a company.
- Planning to cascade an organisational initiative down to individual departments, divisions or branches.
This strategic management course or customized workshop will provide your team with the focus they need to implement any strategy or project successfully.